Associate Dean for Research
Vasu Nair, Ph.D., D.Sc. Associate Dean for Research
GRA Eminent Scholar-William Henry Terry, Sr., Chair in Drug Discovery
Director, UGA Center for Drug Discovery
Office of the Associate Dean for Research
The Office of the Associate Dean for Research (ADR) in the College of Pharmacy was created for the encouragement and promotion of faculty research of the College and of the University of Georgia. Where appropriate, the ADR will represent the College on research-related matters at the University of Georgia and also at the regional, national and international levels.
- To foster the initiation and/or growth of outstanding interdisciplinary research programs in basic and translational sciences (bench to bedside) with the goal of contributing to the health and well-being of humanity.
- To augment extramural funding of the college and the university and to contribute to research enhancement at UGA.
- Promoting and maintaining collaborative interdisciplinary research within the college and with relevant faculty and groups within the university and fostering national research collaborations
- Mentoring faculty to initiate and maintain a research agenda and to respond successfully to relevant announcements for extramural research funding
- Serving as a resource for research initiatives
- Providing advice to the Dean and contributing to senior management team decisions
- Supporting efforts to fund high-quality doctoral students capable of contributing to the research agenda of the college and university
General Areas of Research in the College of Pharmacy
Cutting-edge research projects in the College of Pharmacy include the areas of drug discovery and chemical biology, cell signaling and disease states, pharmacology, toxicology, biopharmaceutics, mechanism of action studies, transport mechanisms, metabolism, vascular and cellular biology of disease states, translational research and development of therapeutic agents.
Disease States of Interest in Research in the College of Pharmacy
Infectious Diseases, Cancer, Diabetes, Vascular Diseases, Stroke, Alzheimer’s Disease, Muscular Dystrophy
Telephone Number: (706) 542-6293
Associate Dean for Research Office, College of Pharmacy
R.C. Wilson Pharmacy Building, Room 320
250 West Green Street
University of Georgia
Athens, GA 30602