Events for Spring 2017
Calling All Golfers! 25th Albert W. Jowdy Memorial Golf Classic, Friday, April 21, 2017
Save the date and join us for the 25th annual Albert W. Jowdy Memorial Golf Classic on Friday, April 21st, 2017, at the UGA Golf Course. With the G-Day game following on Saturday, it will be an exciting weekend to be in Athens!
More information and registration details will be available soon.
Contact Kim Hamby, Director of Alumni Affairs, with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or 706-542-4536.
Posted 1/19/17. Independent Pharmacy, Norcross, GA
Part-time Pharmacist needed at independent pharmacy in the Norcross area of Atlanta, GA.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Applicant must have a current license, in good standing in the State of Georgia with no priors. Applicant must pass a drug test.
2. 2 years retail pharmacy experience required; HIV experience helpful and AAHIVP a plus.
3. Excellent communication skills and ability to work within the pharmacy team; ability to preserve confidential information. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
4. Applicant must pass a drug test and background check.
5. Applicant must be available to work some nights (until 6:30PM) and/or half-day Saturdays.
6. Preference given to qualified, local candidates. Must be able to provide 3 references upon request.
If interested, send resume to email@example.com. Absolutely no phone calls, please.
Posted 11/29/16. Hospital Pharmacist Positions in Pacific NW
Acute Care Hospital Pharmacist Pacific NW location
Work for an acute care 200-bed hospital that has developed an innovative clinical pharmacy practice. It’s a newly renovated acute care hospital with all single patient rooms.
Schedule: 4 11-hour shifts and 3 11-hour shifts / 2 week pay period
Requirements: Pharm.D.; new graduates must have pharmacy practice rotations in the acute care setting; PGY1 Residency is a plus
Clinical Pharmacist--Acute Care Pacific NW
State-of-the-art 300-bed hospital, remodeled and expanded; decentralized practice model
Requirements: To qualify you must have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree and a PGY1 Residency/or Fellowship; seeking strong preceptors for our residency program
For complete details on these and other hospital pharmacy opportunities in the Pacific NW, CA and Texas, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, Patty Wyatt / 469.626.5161
Posted 10/25/16. Pharmacist Clinical Coordinator BMT/Hematology, Charlotte, NC
Growing, FACT-accredited BMT program is adding new Clinical Pharmacist positions. In 2015 the Levine Cancer Institute team, a division of Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS), performed 84 BMTs and is projected to perform approximately 120 BMTs in 2016. Some facts about our program include:
- Presently CHS has 16 inpatient BMT beds. We are in the process of converting 16 additional in-patient beds to BMT.
- We have had significant growth in lymphoma, leukemia and multiple myeloma clinics.
- Our present 6 story building on the Carolinas Medical Center Campus will be joined with a brand new 7-story Levine Cancer Institute building scheduled to be completed end of 2018.
- We are adding a PGY-2 Oncology Residency Program with first resident July 2017.
- We are expanding our pharmacist coverage of malignant hematology from 4 pharmacists to 6 pharmacists.
- Levine Cancer Institute as a whole presently employs 33 oncology pharmacists and is adding 6 more this year.
To submit an online application for Pharmacist Clinical Coordinator BMT/Hematology, please go to: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=89608&company=CHS&username=
Requirements: Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy required or PharmD (Doctor of Pharmacy) from an accredited College of Pharmacy . PGY2 Oncology Residency and/or 2 years hematology experience required. Current North Carolina Pharmacy License or eligible for reciprocity required.
Contact with any questions: Judith Ard, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Posted 10/21/16. Tuxedo Pharmacy, Atlanta, GA
Part-time pharmacist needed at independent pharmacy in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, GA. Requirements include:
- Must have a current license in good standing in Georgia
- Must have a B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharmacy Doctorate Degree
- Must be able to handle Third party resolutions and support
- Must have experience in providing "hands-on" excellent customer service
- Must have superior prescription filling skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- PC Skills in using Microsoft Office, email, and internet
- Must have good organization and prioritization skills
- Preference given to qualified local candidates
If interested, send resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please.
Posted 10/21/16. Pharmacist Job Openings in Pacific NW (Washington) and Dallas/Fort Worth area
For details on the listings below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Patty Wyatt, Clinipost, at 469-626-5161.
Clinical Pharmacist, Acute Care, Doctor of Pharmacy degree and PGY1 Residency or Fellowship required. Located in Pacific NW, Washington.
Hospital Clinical Pharmacist, Acute Care, Doctor of Pharmacy degree required; clinical rotations required if new graduate. Located west of Dallas/Fort Worth.
Clinical/Staff Pharmacist, day or night shift, hospital experience, residency or clinical rotations preferred; located in the Dallas, TX area
Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator, residency-trained, located in Dallas, TX area.
Posted 7/13/16. Tunnel Hill Pharmacy, Tunnel Hill, GA
Tunnel Hill Pharmacy is looking for a full-time pharmacist to work M-F from 9 am to 6 pm. For more information or to apply contact Leigh Howle or Curt Young at 706-673-5211 or email@example.com.
Posted 6/30/16. Athens Regional Medical Center, Athens GA
Full-time Patient Care Area Pharmacist
Performs a wide range of duties including drug distribution, medication reconciliation, discharge patient education, and clinical pharmacy services for inpatients.
- Provides pharmacokinetic evaluation, monitoring and dosing.
- Participates in anticoagulation management.
- Performs order entry and verification.
- Participates in medication reconciliation on admission and discharge.
- Prevent, detect, monitor, document, and report adverse drug reactions and medication errors.
- Monitors drug therapy to evaluate appropriate usage, dosage form, regimen, route, therapeutic duplication, and drug interactions.
- Provides discharge counseling on targeted high risk medications.
- Serves as a drug information resource for nurses and physicians.
- Participates in multidisciplinary rounds.
- Provides operational support in the Main Pharmacy as determined by departmental need.
Please contact Michael Basilefirstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.athenshealth.org.
Disclaimer: Positions are listed free-of-charge as a service to students, alumni and friends. We make no recommendations or guarantees about the positions or employers listed. Employers and job seekers are encouraged to perform due diligence as needed to establish each other’s credentials and qualifications. We do not assume any responsibility for wages, benefits, working conditions or any other aspect of employment. We reserve the right to edit or refuse job postings for any reason.
Visit the Photo Gallery.
Visit our Publications page the current issue of UGARx and other College publications.