Events for Fall 2016
No listings at the present time.
Posted 10/25/16. Pharmacist Clinical Coordinator BMT/Hematology, Charlotte, NC
Growing, FACT-accredited BMT program is adding new Clinical Pharmacist positions. In 2015 the Levine Cancer Institute team, a division of Carolinas HealthCare System (CHS), performed 84 BMTs and is projected to perform approximately 120 BMTs in 2016. Some facts about our program include:
- Presently CHS has 16 inpatient BMT beds. We are in the process of converting 16 additional in-patient beds to BMT.
- We have had significant growth in lymphoma, leukemia and multiple myeloma clinics.
- Our present 6 story building on the Carolinas Medical Center Campus will be joined with a brand new 7-story Levine Cancer Institute building scheduled to be completed end of 2018.
- We are adding a PGY-2 Oncology Residency Program with first resident July 2017.
- We are expanding our pharmacist coverage of malignant hematology from 4 pharmacists to 6 pharmacists.
- Levine Cancer Institute as a whole presently employs 33 oncology pharmacists and is adding 6 more this year.
To submit an online application for Pharmacist Clinical Coordinator BMT/Hematology, please go to: https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=89608&company=CHS&username=
Requirements: Bachelor of Science Degree in Pharmacy required or PharmD (Doctor of Pharmacy) from an accredited College of Pharmacy . PGY2 Oncology Residency and/or 2 years hematology experience required. Current North Carolina Pharmacy License or eligible for reciprocity required.
Contact with any questions: Judith Ard, Talent Acquisition Consultant
Posted 10/21/16. Tuxedo Pharmacy, Atlanta, GA
Part-time pharmacist needed at independent pharmacy in the Buckhead area of Atlanta, GA. Requirements include:
- Must have a current license in good standing in Georgia
- Must have a B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharmacy Doctorate Degree
- Must be able to handle Third party resolutions and support
- Must have experience in providing "hands-on" excellent customer service
- Must have superior prescription filling skills
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- PC Skills in using Microsoft Office, email, and internet
- Must have good organization and prioritization skills
- Preference given to qualified local candidates
If interested, send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Posted 10/21/16. Pharmacist Job Openings in Pacific NW (Washington) and Dallas/Fort Worth area
For details on the listings below, please email email@example.com or phone Patty Wyatt, Clinipost, at 469-626-5161.
Clinical Pharmacist, Acute Care, Doctor of Pharmacy degree and PGY1 Residency or Fellowship required. Located in Pacific NW, Washington.
Hospital Clinical Pharmacist, Acute Care, Doctor of Pharmacy degree required; clinical rotations required if new graduate. Located west of Dallas/Fort Worth.
Clinical/Staff Pharmacist, day or night shift, hospital experience, residency or clinical rotations preferred; located in the Dallas, TX area
Pharmacy Clinical Coordinator, residency-trained, located in Dallas, TX area.
Posted 7/13/16. Tunnel Hill Pharmacy, Tunnel Hill, GA
Tunnel Hill Pharmacy is looking for a full-time pharmacist to work M-F from 9 am to 6 pm. For more information or to apply contact Leigh Howle or Curt Young at 706-673-5211 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted 6/30/16. Athens Regional Medical Center, Athens GA
Full-time Patient Care Area Pharmacist
Performs a wide range of duties including drug distribution, medication reconciliation, discharge patient education, and clinical pharmacy services for inpatients.
- Provides pharmacokinetic evaluation, monitoring and dosing.
- Participates in anticoagulation management.
- Performs order entry and verification.
- Participates in medication reconciliation on admission and discharge.
- Prevent, detect, monitor, document, and report adverse drug reactions and medication errors.
- Monitors drug therapy to evaluate appropriate usage, dosage form, regimen, route, therapeutic duplication, and drug interactions.
- Provides discharge counseling on targeted high risk medications.
- Serves as a drug information resource for nurses and physicians.
- Participates in multidisciplinary rounds.
- Provides operational support in the Main Pharmacy as determined by departmental need.
Please contact Michael Basileemail@example.com or visit www.athenshealth.org.
Disclaimer: Positions are listed free-of-charge as a service to students, alumni and friends. We make no recommendations or guarantees about the positions or employers listed. Employers and job seekers are encouraged to perform due diligence as needed to establish each other’s credentials and qualifications. We do not assume any responsibility for wages, benefits, working conditions or any other aspect of employment. We reserve the right to edit or refuse job postings for any reason.
Visit the Photo Gallery.
Visit our Publications page the current issue of UGARx and other College publications.
UGARx Print/Online Changes
Beginning with the Fall 2014 issue of UGARx, we will only be printing and mailing the magazine to those alumni donors and friends who have contributed more than $500 annually to the College of Pharmacy.
All issues of UGARx will continue to be posted on our website (www.rx.uga.edu) for alumni to download and print as they please. We will send emails and online notices to everyone about the quarterly postings of UGARx.
If any alumni would prefer to continue receiving a printed copy, please contact Sheila Roberson, director of publications, at 706-542-5303 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
FAX your Facts! Everyone wants to know what’s happening with their classmates but few take the time to mail in the alumni questionnaire at the back of UGARx. Now you can take the quick and easy way! Just FAX your information to Editor, UGARx, 706-542-5269, or email it as an attachment to Sheila Roberson at email@example.com. Mail still works too: Editor, UGARx, College of Pharmacy, University of Georgia, Athens, GA 30602. See you in print!
Click to download: FAX Facts Form